On to the income report…..
As a reminder, this is why we do the income reports:
- Accountability. These will allow us to finally keep track of our total online revenue – something that I’ve been horrible at.
- Progress. Now that we have it documented, we’ll be be able to chart our progress as our income increases (hopefully!)
- Truth. To show people that you really can make money online
- Transparency: We want others to see how we do it so that others can do it too.
Remember: We started blogging in July of 2008 so it’s taken us a lot of time to figure this blogging thing out. And truthfully, we still have a lot to learn. Don’t get the impression that you can start a blog today and turn a profit tomorrow. I promise you, it ain’t going to happen.
Good Financial Cents
- Adsense: $890.58
- Adspeed: $299.32
- Commission Junction: $113.00
- Flex Offers:$844.00
- Contx (Credit Sesame): $0
- Consumer Track (Ally): $0
- Direct Advertising: $205.00
- Total: $2,351.90
Other Niche Sites
- Adsense: $183.85
- Direct Advertising: $0
- Total: $183.85
- Blog Her Ads: $168.18
- Ebates: $0
- Total $168.18
- Equifax: $300.00
- Total: $300.00
- Online Planning Fees: $0
- Total: $o
Total Revenue for March: $3,120.93
- Revenue Last Month: $3,551.65
- Total for 2012: $13,551.10
What Happened in March
Can you tell it’s been a busy month? The fact that I’m finally posting this income report on the 12th of the month should be good indication of that!
March was pretty much a blah month. Income was steady, but was also the lowest it’s been for the year. I contribute that the two following reasons:
1. Direct advertisers have disappeared..for the moment. It was pretty standard to land at least $1000/mo in direct advertising deals, but I think Google has had some affect on that. At least for the time being. We’ll see how things play out.
2. Remember Adspeed? I was so hopeful that my new impression ad network would bring in the big bucks. Unfortunately, since I’m a newbie to this I didn’t realize that advertisers (at least with the network that I’m in) cut their ad spending near the end of the quarter. So the $299.32 that you saw that I made actually occurred in the first 10 days of the month.
While I wish that would have continued it does get me excited about April. I added a 728 x 90 ad block to the top of my site and kept the same one in my sidebar.
What does that mean? That means double the revenue so as long as advertisers are willing to pay. What makes that even sweeter right now is that I get a fair amount of tax related traffic with the tax deadline approaching. Just to give you a sneak peak into my Adspeed earnings for next month, I’ve already earned 2.5 times more as of the 12th than I did all last month. So it should be a good month.
The Niche Site Project
I haven’t had a chance to talk about the niche site that I’m working on. I’ve spent hours and money getting this thing launched and finally seeing some results. I’ll be sharing more in the coming months and I hope that the next income report will have some revenue to report.
Join Our Community
Join us on our journey to make $100k online!